1. Dan has been patiently, sweetly, biding his time until April Fool's Day is far enough in the past that he can publicly discuss how many times completely ridiculous facebook posts tricked me into saying stuff that made me look like an idiot. He knows I need a cooling off period. I'm almost there.
2. No I'm not.
3. We went to Moab, and I have mighty intentions of putting up photos of our time in the warm baking redrock country.
4. I think I went to Arches as a kid, but I don't have a clear memory of it. But let me put it this way- Arches made me a kid again, whether I was actually a kid there or not. There's something about scrambling up rocks and chasing lizards that makes you feel 8. Only now there's no one to wipe the dirt off your face or tell you not to get sand in the car.
5. There is sand in my car.
6. We stayed at a Bed and Breakfast, which wasn't nearly as invasive of privacy as I thought it would be.
7. I'm going to RADIOLAB LIVE tomorrow, because I am an NPR geek in the worst way. I am going to offer to adopt Jad Abumrad, on the off-chance he wants to share the utility room with Jeoffrey and study neurotic domestic indoor cats living in a reform mormon household.
8. Any day that you get to talk about the Donner Party at work is a good day.
9. Last night I went to Nordstrom Rack to kill some time so I wouldn't hit rush hour traffic. I had no intention of buying anything. And then I found a $0.01 dress. Yes, really. That was originally $200. I looked for holes, stains, disturbing smells, and tried it on to find it's rather lovely in every way. A modest, flattering, drapey black dress. I literally paid one copper coin for it.
10. Which makes me miss penny candy. Is there still penny candy?
11. Next week, I'm going to lunch with 3 other women whose names begin with L. By total coincidence. Not by total coincidence, they are the coolest women I know. And I go to lunch with them. It's pretty cool.
12. Feel free to start a letter lunching trend also. But invite me. Unless the letter is A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,M,N,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y, or Z, because then I would ruin your letter lunch.
13. Life Through Art:
14. You stay classy, San Diego. and thanks for stopping by. Stay Classy. Thanks for stopping by.